Global companies and authorities have a duty of care and are responsible for the health , safety and security of employees working in hostile and remote locations. FMG recognises that critical incidents need a dynamic response and FMG’s main focus is to mitigate the risks. FMG’s medical and security interventions and responses have proven to decrease the risks by providing high quality medical interventions in line with international standards. FMG is a corporate member of the (IRHC) Institute of Remote Healthcare and applies the IRHC code of ethics and standards applicable to remote healthcare international guidelines.
FMG provide global and local businesses with comprehensive medical, safety and security cover in Libya. FMG provided emergency medical response cover ( even throughout the Libyan revolution in 2010 when other international medical providers suspended services ) and continues to be regarded as the “in-country” choice for international clients including governmental, diplomatic, corporate, industrial and private sector companies with employees working, visiting and living in Libya..
FMG have access to a network of global support and in the event of evacuation of personnel FMG have demonstrated the ability to provide world class medevac and retrieval of personnel
MEDICAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTRE (MERC)
FMG provide a 24hour Emergency Response service 365 days a year.
With links to our entire provided medical and logistics services we can offer rapid, efficient and well organised responses to emergency and hostile situations and expertise in medevac logistics.
The MERC facilities include “state of the art” satellite tracking systems which enable immediate despatch and mobilisation of 1st responder medical personnel to the incident.
Professional MERC staff are available to respond to requests for assistance and are able to:
- Deploy an ambulance (land or air), diagnose and treat individual patients and multiple casualties resulting from a major medical incident.
- Make the necessary arrangements to treat and transport patients to the nearest hospital or clinic
- Provide 24/7 medical information, advice and reassurance.
- Give access to our affiliates and network providers (most of the specialized medical centres are located in Europe and MENA).
- Coordinate the evacuation of patients to centres of medical excellence or, if need be, repatriating them to their country of origin.
- Arrange for the repatriation of human remains in the event of fatality.
- Coordination with the client’s insurance company.